Sunday, June 22, 2008

I just got finished listening to last week's sermon online (had to miss cause of work) on worship. I don't think I really considered how many things I worship other than God!

Basically, I was convicted of the fact that the things I want most in life have become my idols. The persuit of marriage and a family is probably the foremost of these for me. Pastor Mark asked what it is that we plan and pray for and that God does not like to give us things that will become idols. Perhaps the fact that I hold the idea of getting married and having a family so high in my life is the reason that God has not given it to me. I know that wanting those things is not evil and that God loves to give us the desires of our hearts when they match up with his will for us, but if those things are idols in our lives he is jealous and he wants to be the one we worship.

Anyway, there is much much more on this topic I can go into, but I don't really have the time right now!

No comments: