This week has been pretty good so far! We had a family gathering at my parents saturday and sunday since my cousin, Cody was in town and my dad's b-day was on monday. The weather was perfect and we spent some time on the beach and since my parent's house is so small, most people ended up sleeping in tents out in the yard. I would prefer that anyway! Nice, fresh air! So that was fun, but way too short of a time.
I also had yesterday off. Cody and I had planned a Seattle day complete with kayaking. Well, I had gone to bed feeling fine the night before, but woke up with my upper back totally messed up and I knew I wouldn't be able to kayak at all. So I went and picked up Ben and Cody from the ferry and my rommate ended up tkaing them all kayaking while I went to the chiropractor. After that, I drove down to meet them and we went to REI for about an hour and a half and then we were all starving so we went to Salumi, a famous sandwich place downtown that Cody heard about and wanted to go to. It was very good! We got it to go and ate in this cool little park that was enclosed next to a building complete with trees and a waterfall. The cool things you find when you get out of the tourist zone! I didn't even know that existed! I was kind of glad Cody didn't want to do our usual touristy things. I get kind of sick of that and it's fun exploring parts of the city you've never seen before! I took Ben, Tori and Rachael back to their car and then Cody and I ran around the city for a couple more hours. Unfortunately he had to get out of town early to meet another cousin of his (on the other side) so we had to get back and buy him a bus ticket to LA! All in all, I ended up driving 115 miles yesterday! Crazy! But it was a lot of fun despite the pain in my back all day. I was really blessed to be able to spend the time with my cousing whom I rarely get to see! I probably got the most time with him out of my whole fam. Ha!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! I'm so jealous you got to go to Salumi! I'm sure you know its owned by the parents of Mario Batali (the famous FoodTv chef). I've been wanting to go there for ages.
Hope your back feels better soon!
Post a Comment